DEVELOPMENT – REFEREES
Referees are a crucial part of the sport of basketball, The RedCity Roar has dedicated resources to support both recruitment and development of our referees. With junior and senior basketball competitions being held all year round, opportunities are always available for those looking to become a referee.
Referee courses are run throughout the year, with development pathways in place to allow career progression from junior club basketball to seniors and right through to the international level of officiating in line with Basketball Australia’s officials development framework.
- Mentoring process where a beginner referee in a “Green Shirt” tags along side with a more experienced referee to learn the ropes.
- Coaching and spectator behaviours are strictly enforced to ensure players and referees can learn and enjoy the game without unruly adult expectations or comments.
- Referees are supported by an Evaluator during club game and coached during stoppages.
- Detailed feedback and advice on how to improve
- Opportunity to participate at Association level representing the RedCity Roar
- Invitation to State Championships
- Build the skills to become a leader
- Travel for State, National and international events
- Help others discover a pathway in the sport
- Referee at the highest level SBL/QBL/NBL
Email the RedCity Roar Referees Educator for further information or to get your refereeing career started!
Contact – email@example.com
More detailed information including course dates is available on the Basketball Queensland website https://basketballqld.com.au/technical-officials/referees/