DEVELOPMENT – REFEREES
Referees are a crucial part of the sport of basketball, The RedCity Roar has dedicated resources to support both recruitment and development of our referees. With junior and senior basketball competitions being held all year round, opportunities are always available for those looking to become a referee.
Referee courses are run throughout the year, with development pathways in place to allow career progression from junior club basketball to seniors and right through to the international level of officiating in line with Basketball Australia’s officials development framework. Green Shirts and Association Stripes are developed through RedCity Roar.
- Mentoring process where a beginner referee in a “Green Shirt” tags along side with a more experienced referee to learn the ropes.
- Coaching and spectator behaviours are strictly enforced to ensure players and referees can learn and enjoy the game without unruly adult expectations or comments.
- Two step process going from Apprentice to Community level calling under 12/14 junior domestic games.
- A Beginners Referees course for each step.
- Three step process from Development to Intermediate to Advanced.
- A Development/Intermediate/Advanced Association Referees Course for each step.
- Referees are supported by an Evaluator during club game and coached during stoppages.
- Detailed feedback and advice on how to improve
- Call U16 domestic games up to U16 State Championships depending on level.
- Opportunity to participate at Association level representing the RedCity Roar depending on level.
- Invitation to State Championships de[ending on level.
Association Representative/State/National Stripes
- Build the skills to become a leader within Basketball Queensland’s guidance
- Travel to State, National and international events
- Help others discover a pathway in the sport
- Referee at the highest level NBL1 Under 18 & Under 20 National Championships
- Reach the pinnacle of the sport
- International games
- World Championships
- Olympic Games
Email the RedCity Roar Referees Educator for further information firstname.lastname@example.org or to get your refereeing career started fill in form below