ROAR READY SCHOOLS
The Roar team have partnered with our friends at Capalaba Central Shopping Centre to deliver our junior participation program.
For our primary school students of the Redlands, the program connects families to the game and allows them participate in basketball activities at their school, at the shopping centre and our competition venues.
For our secondary schools students, the program offers competitions for school teams in term 3.
The program also works closely and supports community initiatives of the Brisbane Bullets.
To give the school students of Redlands an opportunity to experience basketball. To provide opportunities for them to connect with our basketball community and participate with a club in our junior competitions. The program also offers families from the wider community a chance to participate in all other RedCity Roar activities
1. Promote “Roar Ready Club Kids” – Lunch time “Get Ready to Roar” game Roar/Bullets vs Students/Teachers
2. Deliver free inschool coaching sessions as part of Sporting Schools, by accredited Roar Ready coaches using a game sense approach to coaching.
3. Offer a “Roar Ready Club Kids” program to interested students. Separate boys and girls programs on different afternoons. Roar Ready Club Kids is a 4 week program ran over a term at the school. Students receive a club singlet, a basketball, and a free season pass to a Roar game and free team entry to Roar junior fixtures on a Saturday.
4. Capalaba Central 3×3 event
6. “Where’s Roary!?” competitions.
7. Queensland Basketball League matches.
8. Support community based initiatives delivered by the Brisbane Bullets including Big Shots, school holiday Mega Camps.
Click on image below to register for a Bullets activity!