Welcome to 2020! Please see below some information and updates about our RedCity Roar competitions.
All players (Cubs, Juniors and Seniors) new and old will need to register for this season – Summer 2020.
Juniors – The new season will commence on Tuesday 28th January with our U21 men. Our U16 U18 & U21 women competitions begin on Friday 31st January and U10, U12 & U14 on Saturday 1st February. Junior competitions will begin with a 4-week grading period followed by 12 weeks of competitive rounds and then semi finals and grand final. (Grand final week 16th – 20th June)
Seniors – The new season will commence on Tuesday 28th January for women and Thursday 30th January for men.
Cubs (4 to 7 year olds)
For 4 and 5 year old Cubs, the program is training only Wednesdays 4.00pm – 5.00pm at Redlands PCYC starts 29th January!
For 6 and 7 year old Cubs, the program includes training as above plus games on Saturday mornings at 8.00am.
All new Cubs receive a free basketball. Programs are run each term.
Register here for Term 1 or on “Register for Cubs” button on home page
Junior Sign on Days (Cubs & U10 to U21)
We have three ‘Sign on days’ for juniors planned with the first taking place 9am-12pm on Saturday 18th January, at the Capalaba Central shopping centre. The sign on days are an opportunity for the following…
– For new and existing members to join one of our three existing clubs. They are the Bayside Basketball who train at Cleveland DSHS, Cleveland, Capalaba Wildcats who train at the Redlands PCYC Capalaba, and Wellington Point Kings who train at Redlands College, Wellington Point.
– For existing members to stay with their current teams for the upcoming competition and represent a location. These teams will be managed by RedCity Roar until new clubs are formed. Those locations will become clubs and are located at following locations Alexandra Hills Club (will be based at Alexandra Hills SHS club forming soon) , Redland Bay/Victoria Point Club (Training base – TBC) and Bayview/Thornlands Club (Training base – TBC).
*Existing Members Please Note* – If you want to stay with the team you played with last year, contact your coach and find out which location/club will best suit the team.
Register here or “Register for Juniors” button on home page.
The new season will commence on Tuesday 28th January for women and Thursday 30th January for men.
Nominate your team here or on “Register for Seniors” link on home page.
Please keep an eye out on our website, Facebook page and game day app for the competition draw. It will be an 18-week season.
Juniors: Registration fees will be approximately $120 per person which covers the BQ insurance and RedCity administration fee (*only payable if current registration has expired or if a new member). Fees are calculated on an 18 week season at $12.50 (*girls $6.25) per game and $4 a week training fee payable to either your club or the RedCity Roar if you do not belong to one of the three established clubs. There will also be a club administration fee set by each club, so please check with the club at sign on.
Seniors: Registration fees will be approximately $120 per person which covers the BQ insurance and RedCity administration fee (*only payable if current registration has expired or if a new member). A nomination fee of $100 is payable for each new team to enter. Existing team nominations will carry over from last year unless team has forfeited. Game Fees are paid per game at $85.00 (*women $42.50) per team before the game by eftpos only! NO CASH PAYMENTS!
*PLEASE NOTE GAME FEES FOR FEMALES IS HALF PRICE AS PER THE “REDCITY ROAR FEMALE PARTICIPATION INITIATIVE” FOR THIS SEASON*
- If I am a current member will I need to pay the registration fee for membership for this season? A. No, if you have paid your registration fee recently you are a member for 365 days from time of payment and will be covered by insurance until that period ends. You will be sent a renewal email by the SportsTG system prior to the expiry date.
- We live at Redland Bay but there is no established club based here yet, how does my child join? A. At the junior sign on days there will be six clubs you can sign up to in SportsTG. At Sign- on three desks will be manned by the our established clubs Bayside Basketball(Cleveland), Capalaba Wildcats and Wellington Point Kings. There will be three other desks you can sign up to and they will be managed by the RedCity Roar until we have clubs established in those areas.
- If we live in Wellington Point does that mean my child has to play for the Wellington Point Kings? A. No, you can play where ever you want, however we are mindful that we need to build a healthy competitive club structure and would encourage people to join teams/locations closest to them.
- My child is new to basketball how do I register and pay? A. You can register on the links provided on this page and follow instructions.
- Can I set up a payment plan? A. Yes, the clubs have payment plan arrangements but preferred payment up front. Any RedCity Roar administered teams/locations can use our EZYPAY system. Best to ask the clubs on sign on day or contact them directly if they have that facility or join a RedCity Roar administered club at Alexandra Hills, Victoria Point/Redland Bay or Bayview/Thornlands.